The Institute acknowledges the need to support employees and students in order to sustain the breastfeeding relationship when they return to work or study. As such, Georgia Tech ensures faculty, staff, and students have access to designated spaces conducive for nursing, breastfeeding, or expressing milk.
Use of the lactation spaces is available during normal business operating hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions regarding the lactation spaces, please contact Georgia Tech Human Resources, Program Manager, HR - Employee Health and Well-being and Engagement, Kimberly Goler-Stubbs, at email@example.com.
Locations and Access Instructions
- Crosland, Dorothy M. Tower (Buzzcard, but has staff 24/7 to open room)
- Evans Administration Building (Tech Tower) (Buzzcard)
- Exhibition Hall
- Global Learning Center (Georgia Tech Hotel)
- Stephen C. Hall Building
- John Lewis Student Center
- Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design
- Klaus Advanced Computing Building (Buzzcard)
- O'Keefe Main Building
- Scheller College of Business
- Technology Square Research Building
- Instructional Building
- Krone Engineered Biosystems Building (EBB)
- Detailed list of lactation spaces
- Georgia Teach Digital Campus Map - Find the location closest to you by clicking on "Restrooms" then "Lactation spaces"
Each lactation space offers a clean, secure, and private area for those who need to nurse or express breast milk during their time on campus. Each space is equipped with a chair, table, appropriate lighting, and cleaning supplies, with access nearby to a sink. Each space is operated by the building manager of the specific building and sponsored by Georgia Tech Human Resources, Employee Engagement.
Lactation Space Guidelines
By using the space, you agree to abide by the following guidelines:
- Please wash your hands prior to using the space.
- Please limit use of the space to activities associated with breastfeeding or expressing milk only.
- Please limit your time in the room to 90 minutes or less.
- Wipe down any equipment or tables after use.
- Ensure all personal items are removed from the lactation space. Georgia Tech is not responsible for items left in the space.
- Do not leave children unattended in the rooms.
- Be considerate of the impact of the noise and activity level of infants and young children on the work/study environment of colleagues and fellow students.
After using the room:
- Check to be sure the room is left in the condition you found it.
- Pull door closed and check to be sure it is locked.
- If applicable, return signage to “Room Not in Use” upon departure.