Georgia Tech Human Resources (GTHR) serves the Institute and its more than 14,000 employees through strategic counsel, employee engagement, and essential human capital management operations. As the people’s unit, GTHR is engaged throughout the employee’s lifetime at Georgia Tech. Our team works with sensitive employee information and assists in the management of complex employee issues. Professionalism and confidence are of the utmost importance within our team.
What we do:
- Process payroll and maintain employment data for approximately 14,000 active faculty, staff, and students
- Strive to attract, recruit and retain the best talent in the marketplace
- Provide immigration, labor, and tax support required for foreign national faculty and staff to work at Georgia Tech as well as support employees performing services overseas.
- Leverage a market-driven compensation structure to attract and retain employees
- Advise employees and managers regarding work performance and conflict management
HR Organizational Chart
Georgia Tech is a member of the University System of Georgia (USG), the state agency governing all 28 public institutions in Georgia. USG sets goals, dictates general policy, administers benefits, and supplements funding for the state institutions. It is governed by the Board of Regents (BOR)
All public institutions under USG are engaged in OneUSG—a collective initiative designed to streamline policies, procedures, and technology solutions.